Assistant Accountant Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Are you passionate about gaining a career within the finance sector? Looking to secure employment with a successful employer, offering a competitive wage, whilst gaining a professional Level 3 Advanced Accounting Apprenticeship qualification?
Geason Training are collaborating with an established employer to recruit their next superstar to join their accounts department as an assistant accountant apprentice.
The employer boasts a team of experts who offer an unrivalled service through a hands-on approach, combining business expertise, knowledge and insights to uncover R&D Tax Credit claim eligibility delivering cash injections to businesses across wide ranging sectors every day. The employer has a great team spirit and are in search of a great personality to add to the office, with a passion and drive for success.
As well as supporting with all aspects of the business, some of your day to day duties will include:
- Liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis. Both over the phone and via email – occasionally face-to-face. Ability to communicate with clients is key.
- Liaising with HMRC tax inspectors – over the phone and via email.
- Experience or knowledge of using excel.
- Key analysis of financial data.
- Tax production – preparation of corporation tax returns/computations.
- Checking through Limited company’s financial accounts.
- Tax calculations – calculating Limited company’s corporation tax liabilities.
- As you progress in your accountancy studies it will allow you to apply your accounting knowledge to the entries you make on our bookkeeping software
- Ensuring great time management
- Meeting tight deadlines for our clients
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Skills and qualities required:
- Friendly, social person with a good telephone manner,
- Attention to detail and pride in what they do.
- Great IT Skills and to be computer literate
- To work with initiative
- Positive Attitude to succeed
- Enthusiastic Personality
Progression with the company is there for a right candidate. With the option to also study at Level 4