Bricklayer Apprentices - Bishops Stortford (Partner Vacancy)
Title: Apprentice Bricklayers
Wage: £5.50 p/h
Location: Bishops Stortford: CM23 2QB
Geason Training are recruiting on behalf of Taylor Wimpey for Apprentice Bricklayers. This is an exciting opportunity to start a career in construction with one of the Uk’s leading employers, Taylor Wimpey, a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Any potential applicants must be over 17 years of age on 1st September 2018
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a 1 week pre-apprenticeship course as part of the -selection process. Expected start dates are June - August 2019.
During your apprenticeship training, you will gain knowledge on generic skills such as Health and Safety, Laying bricks, blocks and other types of building components in mortar to construct and repair walls, foundations, partitions, arches and other structures.
What to expect:
- Competitive apprenticeship salary of £5.50 p/h
- Career opportunities in a FTSE 100 business
- Pension plus company contributions
- Life Assurance
- 22 days paid holidays, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Share Save Scheme
- Membership to the Bupa cash plan, healthcare benefit
- Subsidised professional training and development
- Access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme
Got what it takes?
- Ability to travel to the designated site by your own means, either by car or public transport.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member to prioritise work and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability
- A strong understanding of health and safety
- The ability to work as part of a team to reach plot completion milestones
- Ability to solve problems with the use of various materials and methods
- A strong pride in the job and a relentless dedication to quality in everything you do
- A willingness to learn and adapt skills to the role