Bricklayer Apprentices - Cowbridge (Partner Vacancy)
Location: Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan - CF71 7DE
Geason Training are recruiting on behalf of Taylor Wimpey for Apprentice Bricklayers. This is an exciting opportunity to start a career in construction with one of the UK’s leading employers, Taylor Wimpey, a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK.
As an apprentice bricklayer you will be involved with new build homes from start to finish. You will read drawings to understand what is required to enable a build. You will learn about the health and safety aspects involved with working at height and on site and how to ensure all work complies with the standards and procedures and that you abide by the safety rules.
You will learn how to
- Set out the first row of bricks
- Mix mortar
- Lay bricks on top of each other and apply mortar with a trowel
- Shape and trim bricks
- Ensure work is level
- 4 GCSE’s – A*- E or 9 – 3, or equivalent
- You must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
- You must be able to travel to Taylor Wimpey sites for work