Internal Vacancy - Functional Skills Lead - Maths
This is an internal vacancy
Geason Training is a leading training provider that specialise in the delivery of apprenticeships within construction and professional services sector.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual with relevant experience and qualifications to be part of a team that delivers training and assesses employees in the Construction Industry and other industries to achieve their English Function Skills as part of an Apprenticeship framework/standard or NVQs.
The Functional Skills Trainer will be required to motivate, engage and support students to develop their maths skills and in doing so achieve a functional skills qualification. Working closely with the all Skills Trainers and delivery staff you will ensure that opportunities to extend and develop students maths skills contextualised to the Construction Industry and other industries are provided.
Your main duties will involve all the following but not limited to,
- Deliver and develop a high standard of training and skills development to support students to develop their English skills, to achieve functional skills
- Use the outcomes of diagnostic assessments to plan and deliver training that meets the needs of individuals
- Plan and prepare schemes of work and session plans for taught sessions with groups of students using Geason Training
- Develop a range of activities to support student’s preparation for functional skills tests
- Work towards the development of a broader curriculum in work based learning.
- Liaise with other staff and local employers regarding training initiatives
- Maintain and communicate the qualification aims, progress and delivery targets to the Regional Business Manager to ensure the timely completion of qualifications. To plan via Individual Learning Plans and Reviews (ILPs/ILRs)
- Liaise with other staff and employers to enable and encourage student achievement, progression and retention
- Support students through recording, tracking, documenting and discussion for progress of individual study via electronic portfolio systems
- Support students through recruitment, initial assessment and action planning identifying and supporting individual needs as appropriate
- Work closely with the student engagement coach to progress qualifications and frameworks
- To keep up-to-date with development of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning
- Current experience of delivering and learning in an educational sector and within a workplace environment
- Evidence of leading sustained improvements in success rates and the quality of the student experience across English provision
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 or equivalent (Desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of developing new standards
- Relevant knowledge of using Smart Assessor or similar online portals
- Degree, HNC Level 3 in a relevant qualification (Essential)
- Experiences of delivering a full apprenticeship programme
- Relevant Teaching qualification (Essential)
- Good understanding of IT (office package)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Can do, must do attitude
- Current full clean driving licence
On top of your competitive salary, Geason Training offers 28 days annual leave and automatic enrolment into a Pension Scheme after three months continuous employment. This highlights just a few aspects of the excellent employment package we offer.