IT Support Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Do you want to make a difference and work for an inspiring company with a family orientated feel to it? Rainbow Education are looking for an IT Support Apprentice to help them with day to day IT queries and tasks. Working alongside the IT Consultant, you will support the company with setting up IT accounts, administration and support queries. You will play an integral role in the business and will be supported as you grow within the role.
Expected Duration - 12 Months. Hours - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Working at the Head office of Rainbow Education your duties will include:
- Install and maintain computer hardware, software and audio/visual equipment
- Routine administration including, data backups, Active Directory maintenance
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading
- Administration and development of Internet and E-mail systems
- Printing problems – both hardware and software – determining and rectifying the cause of faults
- Any other IT support queries that may arise from staff.
- This role will develop throughout the apprenticeship and more duties will be given as you become more confident in the role.
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Friendly, social person with a good telephone manner
- Attention to detail and pride in what they do.
- Effective Communication
- Positive attitude, willing to learn and work as a team player and wanting a career in I.T
Progression onto a Level 4 IT apprenticeship may be a possibility after completion of Level 3.
Rainbow Education is a Multi Academy trust with 4 schools
In the Merseyside area. Their mission is to inspire children to grow up to have a positive impact on their world. They do this by using their creativity and skills to educate, inspire and support every child and family that comes under the rainbow.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
For more information please contact Geason Training.