IT Support Technician Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Are you looking to source a career in IT, working with an organisation that specialises in the IT Services sector?
Do you have a passion for IT and a keen eye for problem solving?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a keen enthusiastic IT whizkid to join an IT Services company based in Ashbourne Derbyshire!
Expected Duration: 13 Months Hours: 9am - 5.30pm
You will be expected to be professional, friendly and approachable at all times to everyone they come in contact with dealing with people in a friendly enthusiastic manner. The ability to communicate at all levels and strong attention to detail are also essential.
Having supported and progressed a Level 3 IT apprentice already, our client fully understands the process of taking on an apprentice.
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Typical day to day roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provide the customer with IT support, over telephone and via remote access to key services, in response to e-mail, telephone calls and Service Desk (help-desk) requests.
- Support of key Microsoft Operating System, Office Applications and Cloud services.
- Desktop Support (installations, upgrades, problem resolution) including hardware, network configuration and software installation
- Manage and monitor all Service Levels of all customer requests and ensure requests are completed in compliance with Service Levels
Skills & Qualities Required
- Knowledge of hardware and software is desirable
- Some knowledge of the mechanics behind a computer
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Flexible and versatile
- Reliable and trustworthy
For the ideal candidate the opportunity to progress onto a level 4 apprenticeship or secure a full-time job will be an option.
Dove Computer Solutions provide professional IT Solutions and help desk support for home users and businesses.
They combine technological expertise with friendly local service to deliver affordable solutions to their customers.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
If you hold a full UK driver licence or are currently in the process of learning to drive, please declare this upon submitting your application (please note this isn’t a necessity to this role, unless stated otherwise throughout).
Should you have any queries regarding your application or the job itself, please contact Geason Training.