IT Support Technician Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a ‘Tech savvy’ individual to join an IT Computer Support business based on Wyvern Business Park in Derby.
Expected Duration - 12 Months Hours - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Our client is looking for an apprentice to join their technical support team who is passionate about IT. Maybe you have built a computer or fixed one for friends and
family? The key to this role is having strong communication skills and a flair for technology
Initially you will start on the IT helpdesk, however if you wanted to become more site based as an Engineer, they will support you with this.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets
- Setting up new PC’s/Laptops
- Setting up new users on internal systems
- Networking PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
- Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues through remote access and on-site support
- Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office to communicate with
- Administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings
Our client would also like the candidate to become Product Champion’s on 2 pices of Software within the business. One is a document management system and the other a piece of software that manages the time/fees charged by their employees.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Skills & Qualities Required
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Some technical knowledge is desirable
- An interest in the software industry is desirable
For the appropriate candidate the potential to progress onto a Level 4 apprenticeship or secure a full-time position will be available.
Xuper IT (QuestMark Limited) deliver and maintain innovative IT solutions that enhance how people learn, teach, govern and do business around the world. They understand that each organisation’s requirements are different, which is why they tailor a solution to suit every customer.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
If you hold a full UK driver licence or are currently in the process of learning to drive, please declare this upon submitting your application (please note this isn’t a necessity to this role, unless stated otherwise throughout).
Should you have any queries regarding your application or the job itself, please contact Geason Training.