Joinery Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Joining Novus, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding future with a company that has been recognised as 'Employer of the Year' by Construction News and one that feels passionate that every part of its business should be a great place to work.
This Apprenticeship covers the following areas;
»Carry out a range of job tasks including measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, splicing, finishing, positioning and securing.
»Use, maintain and store hand tools, power tools and associated equipment.
»Install door and window frames, door and hatch linings, floor joist coverings, straight partitions and straight staircases.
»Install doors, ironmongery, service encasements, wall and floor units and fitments, cladding and staircase components.
»Erect inclined roofs with gables, joists, roof coverings and roof components.
»Repair or replace frames, mouldings, doors, windows, door and window ironmongery, roofing components, guttering
What you can expect:
- Rate of pay higher than National Minimum wage - £5.70 per hour minimum
- Working hours 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
- On-the-job training
- Accredited training leading to a qualification
- Personal skills development
- Apprentice Buddy Scheme
- Your own personal mentor
Our Apprenticeship programme provides the skills and personal development you need and the opportunities for you to release your full potential.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be Authentic
- Work Together
- Embrace Change
- Get it right
- Be responsible