PURPOSE OF JOB
Marketing Executive: Support the Marketing Team by carrying out tasks and duties as instructed. This includes collateral formatting, administrative tasks, copywriting. This also may include digital support, email marketing, Social media, and implementation of marketing collateral, projects and campaigns.
Take ownership of projects as agreed and as the role evolves.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Marketing
- Daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities. E.g. maintaining an up-to date spreadsheet of all projects and tasks.
- Ensure all marketing material and documents are efficiently filed, obtaining and processing POs as required etc.
- Liaise with external suppliers under direction of Marketing Manger
- Help with the preparation of promotional presentations using Microsoft Word/PP/Excel
- Assist staff use document templates for internal and external use
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
- Writing and proof reading copies for marketing and sales materials.
- Web Site updates:
- Gather and post online content on the company’s website
- Help create engaging text, image and video content
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Social Media: Work mainly with Marketing Manager on all of these.
- Help create and maintain a strong online presence for our company.
- Implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts.
- Develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand.
- Ultimately to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Help to facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans
- Qualifications: Marketing Executive: 1– 2 years experience
- Business and Personal Competencies
To be focused on supporting (and learning from) Marketing Manager and be part of a Marketing Team that helps support all other departments and the development of the business as a whole.
Understand the need to learn and carry out best practice and a continuous improvement culture.
Understand how the company works and what its objectives are.
Have knowledge of policies, practices and systems within own area of expertise, and understand the cross-functional interaction within the business.
Excellent writing skills
Good MS Office knowledge, experience using Mailchimp
Planning & Organising
Gather and analyse information.
Organise your workload and balance priorities. Exercise effective time management
Adopt a culture of trust, teamwork, continuous improvement and customer focus.
Seek the views of others, listen well and build your knowledge.
Have personal drive
Have a “can do/will do “attitude.