The Level 4 Network Engineer offered by Geason is a great way to progress your career in digital industries to the next stage. The programme is equivalent to your first year at University and offers learners a great way to develop their understanding of modern-day technology.
Who is this suitable for?
Our technology programmes have been designed to develop participants throughout their careers with progression programmes available across the technology functions within a business.
What will apprentices learn?
This programme covers the following subject areas:
- Understand and apply the principles of networking, protocols and associated technologies (specifically this should include the latest published versions of OSI layer model, IP, TCP/IP, routing and switching, WANs, LANs)
- Understand and apply the applied maths required to be a network engineer (e.g. algorithms, data, binary, probability and statistics)
- Understand the causes and consequences of system failure including load balance and storage protocols and responds appropriately
- Understand the architecture of a typical business IT system, including hardware, OS, server,virtualisation, middleware and applications
- Understand and responds to security threats, firewalls and vulnerabilities
Geason Training’s flexible delivery and dedicated support
Once the learners are enrolled on the programme, they will be assigned a Skills Trainer together with support from a Student Engagement Coach and English and Maths tutor where required. Our apprenticeships are delivered using various proven learning methods:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Shadowing appropriate managers
- Online learning e.g. webinars/blended learning via Smart Assessor
- Teaching of theory – lectures/power point presentations
- Workplace observations and practical tuition
- Skills Development Workshops (Monthly or Block Release to suit your requirements)
- Technical Briefings e.g. new equipment or technologies
- Project work, simulated exercises and role play
- Career planning
- Master Classes