Operations Manager (Derby)
Geason Training is a leading training provider that specialise in the delivery of apprenticeships and HNC's within the construction & professional services sector. This is a great opportunity for someone to join one of the largest training providers in the country.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager provide outstanding leadership and management for the operational performance of the delivery teams across the organisation. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who has a passion delivering and development a quality services to our learners. If you thrive on the challenges of a fast pace environment then this could be the job for you.
Your main duties will involve all the following but not limited to,
- Leadership and Management of all processes and policies aligned to the delivery and performance of the operations function.
- Lead and inspire teams to provide excellence through the delivery of outstanding teaching, learning and skills developments to improve our outcomes
- To take leadership for and implementation of quality assurance and learning systems and processes
- To establish and operate as an effective delivery function demonstrating consistent behaviours and communications back to the business to ensure all delivery is planned and resourced effectively
- Plan staff timetables/caseloads to ensure all programmes have suitable qualified staffing, whilst maximising staff utilisation. Provide staffing cover for absence to ensure continuity for learners.
- To lead your teams to ensure that outstanding teaching, learning, training and assessment is provided in all sessions, and meets the needs of individuals based on group profiles, ensuring the requirements of the Framework for Learning are met.
- To ensure the curriculum delivery is varied, meets the requirements if 20% off the job training, has breadth and enables all learners to reach their full potential.
- To ensure every learner is enrolled to the appropriate English and/or maths qualification by the agreed deadlines, to meet the funding requirements of their Apprenticeship programme.
- Monitor and manage attendance and progress ensuring timely communication and follow up with relevant trainer/assessor
- Must have 2+ years in Management (Essential)
- Must have over 3 years within an operational setting (Desirable)
- A good understanding of construction and professional services apprenticeships (Desirable)
- Experience of using data systems to produce and analyse managerial reports to drive continuous improvements
- Relevant knowledge of ESFA and AEB contacts.
- Degree, HNC Level 3 in a relevant qualification (Desirable)
- Experiences of meeting and exceeding personal and team KPI.
- A thorough knowledge of quality assurance processes and procedures
- Good understanding of IT (office package)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Can do, must do attitude
- Current full clean driving licence
As part of our excellent employment package you will receive a company vehicle fuel card, laptop and phone.
On top of your competitive salary, Geason Training offers 28 days annual leave, childcare voucher scheme and automatic enrolment into a Pension Scheme after three months continuous employment. This highlights just a few aspects of the excellent employment package we offer.