Painting and Decorating Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Locations: Exeter, Tiverton
Joining Novus, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding future with a company that has been recognised as 'Employer of the Year' by Construction News and one that feels passionate that every part of its business should be a great place to work.
Tasks will include but not limited to;
Paint and wallpaper application to the inside of buildings and paint and add protective coverings to wall exteriors.
Work indoors and outdoors, decorating people’s homes, new and old buildings, commercial and industrial premises.
Working, often, at heights from a ladder, elevated platform, suspended cradle or scaffolding.
Preparing surfaces and environments prior to decoration. Painters and decorators apply paint by brush, roller or spraying equipment.
Working within a team and learning from an experienced mentor.
What you can expect:
- Rate of pay higher than National Minimum wage - £5.70 per hour minimum
- Working hours 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
- On-the-job training
- Accredited training leading to a qualification
- Personal skills development
- Apprentice Buddy Scheme
- Your own personal mentor
Our Apprenticeship programme provides the skills and personal development you need and the opportunities for you to release your full potential.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be Authentic
- Work Together
- Embrace Change
- Get it right
- Be responsible