Geason Training is a UK work based training and higher apprenticeship provider. We design and deliver training and apprenticeship levy development programmes for the construction sector. The UK is experiencing a shortage of skilled workers in the construction sector and one of our key objectives is to help change this.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Construction Pre-Employment Trainer to join our training department and work with our construction learners on their pre-apprenticeship programme. This will be based in London specifically working with some of our Levy paying customers on their site of work.
Your main duties will involve the following but not limited to:
- Deliver Level 1 & 2 construction training to our learners on our customer’s place of work.
- Deliver classroom-based employability courses to our unemployed learners within their workplace.
- To support learners in achieving their goals.
- Demonstrating practical applications of vocational programmes.
- Conducting classroom delivery.
- Adapting/developing appropriate learning materials.
- Recording and providing feedback to learners continually on their programme.
- Complete all funding paperwork.
- To share best practice and recourses in training, learning and assessment
- Participate in standardisation meetings.
- To prepare, maintain and monitor the training/workplace environment to meet Health and Safety standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills both at a written and spoken level
- IT literate
- Ability to work across all levels and engage with people accordingly
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and high-quality work
- Good personal organisation, time management and administrative skills
- Self-motivated and effective team player
- Have own laptop and projector
- Must be prepared to work away
- Essential that you hold a Teacher/Trainer qualification
- A1 Assessor qualification (or D32/33)
- Have experience of training in an educational or workplace environment
- Have relevant construction experience
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet the challenges and demands of the roles
You will receive a fuel card for business use and a company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
On top of your competitive salary, Geason Training offers 28 days annual leave holidays, a childcare voucher scheme and automatic enrolment into a Pension Scheme after three months continuous employment with the company.