Software Development Technician Apprentice (Partner Vacancy)
Are you looking to secure a career in Software Development?
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a good understanding of C#?
If so, read on, as Initsys Limited based on the outskirts of Derby City Centre are looking for a young enthusiastic programmer to join their team!
Expected Duration - 13 Months. Hours - Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Initsys Limited specialise in integration projects in relation to Software, using Merlin- a Software Support System.
They are looking to expand their team by employing an apprentice to get involved with development tasks, whether it be Software Development or Web Development.
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths and have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Creating new code using various different programming languages as per client specification
- Fixing bugs and inaccuracies in web or software code
- Code commenting (providing instructions on the code)
- Testing of code (making sure it performs desired function)
- Interpreting end User requirements, i.e. understanding customer needs and requirements.
- Update websites using HTML & CSS.
- Producing software platforms using; C#, Python & a small amount of PHP.
Skills & Qualities Required
- A good understanding of programming languages such as; C#, PHP, Python, HTML & CSS.
- Computer literate
- Effective communicator
- Problem solver
- Methodical approach to work
For the appropriate candidate the potential to progress onto a Level 4 apprenticeship or secure a full-time position will be available.
Initsys designs and builds unique software using modern techniques and methods. With an experience of nearly all forms of transmission of sensor data, their platform is robust and feature rich.
All software is the company's original work, and our programmers pride themselves on reliability and clarity of the code they produce.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
If you hold a full UK driver licence or are currently in the process of learning to drive, please declare this upon submitting your application (please note this isn’t a necessity to this role, unless stated otherwise throughout).
Should you have any queries regarding your application or the job itself, please contact Geason Training.