Our Team Leading programmes have been designed to develop participants knowledge throughout their careers.
The programme is equivalent to A level standards and offers learners a great way to develop their understanding of the team leading and management procedures. The course provides both skills days and training to help learners work towards their chosen qualification.
Who is this suitable for?
The course is setup to provide those with little, or some prior experience.
What will apprentices learn?
- Understand different leadership styles and
the benefits of coaching to support team
members and improve performance.
- Understand organisational cultures,
equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Understand people and team management
models, including team dynamics and
- Understand HR systems and legal requirements
and performance management techniques,
including setting goals and objectives,
conducting appraisals, reviewing performance,
absence management, providing constructive
feedback and recognising achievement and
- Understand emotional intelligence and how to
- Know how to facilitate cross team working to
support delivery of organisational objectives.
- Understand different forms of communication and
- Know how to chair meetings, hold challenging
conversations and understand how to raise concerns
- Understand how organisational strategy is developed.
- Know how to implement operational/team plans and
manage resources and approaches to managing
change within the team.
- Understand data management.
- Understand project life cycle and roles.
- Know how to deliver a project, including managing
resources, identifying risks and issues, using relevant
project management tools.
- Understand organisational governance and
- Know how to manage budgets.
Geason Training’s flexible delivery and dedicated support
Once the learners are enrolled on the programme, they will be assigned a Skills Trainer together with support from a Student Engagement Coach and English and Maths tutor where required. Our apprenticeships are delivered using various proven learning methods:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Shadowing appropriate managers
- Online learning e.g. webinars/blended learning via Smart Assessor
- Teaching of theory – lectures/power point presentations
- Workplace observations and practical tuition
- Skills Development Workshops (Monthly or Block Release to suit your requirements)
- Technical Briefings e.g. new equipment or technologies
- Project work, simulated exercises and roleplay
- Career planning
- Master Classes